Nov 21, 2023
Sometimes a Part D plan won’t cover a medication that you need. This blog covers what you can do if this happens.
Oct 24, 2023
Depending on how you get your Medicare coverage, you will have different considerations when choosing health care providers, such as doctors, hospitals, or medical equipment suppliers. Let’s discuss the factors you should consider so that your care is covered at the lowest cost. Considering these factors, you can choose your next health care provider.
Sep 25, 2023
During Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period, you will likely experience more marketing from private Medicare plans, like Medicare Advantage Plans and Part D plans. Companies try to reach consumers in various ways, like television commercials, radio ads, events, mailings, phone calls, and texts. The government has rules, though, to protect you from forceful or misleading marketing. Knowing the rules and red flags can help you make the best choices for yourself during Open Enrollment.
Aug 29, 2023
Medicare’s Open Enrollment is the time of year when you can make changes to your Medicare coverage. This period runs from October 15 through December 7, and any changes you make will take effect on January 1. You may also hear the Open Enrollment Period called the Annual Election Period.
Aug 2, 2023
As you may know, Original Medicare Part B covers 80 percent of the cost of most services. But what about the remaining 20 percent? Or the other out-of-pocket costs like deductibles or inpatient copayments? This post reviews Medigaps, which can help cover out-of-pocket costs with Original Medicare.
Jun 26, 2023
Ambulances are vehicles that transport patients to and from medical facilities, like hospitals. Ambulances are medically equipped and staffed by professionals like EMTs or paramedics. Let’s look at how Medicare covers transportation in ambulances.
May 25, 2023
Paying for prescription drugs can cause financial stress. There are some programs and strategies for lowering your prescription drugs. Let’s review some ways you can save on your drug costs.
May 1, 2023
This blog will help you understand how Medicare covers outpatient mental health services, prescription drugs for mental health treatment, and inpatient mental health services.
Mar 24, 2023
It is important to work with your doctor to ensure you get the best health care possible. This blog covers how you can build an effective relationship with your doctor and make the most of your visits.
Feb 23, 2023
Leaving your home to receive health care can be difficult or impossible for some. This blog post covers how Medicare covers home health care.